Monday, March 1, 2010

FINALLY!!!!!!!! Wait........ this is really happening?? Oh Crap!!

Hi Guys!!  Ok.... so I've had a pretty eventful few days since my last post......... Let me see..... On my last post I was telling you about how I called the UM Department and had them put in a request for authorization for me, and also how I was going to be meeting up with a fellow Hip Chick to do a photoshoot for her accessory line! Yay!!  Ok....... so Let me tell you whats happened since :)

I was supposed to meet up with Alycia, my fellow Hip Chick, on Friday..... well that didn't happen..... for various reasons.... she was coming down from Temecula, which is about an hour and a half away from me I think, but it ended up that her hips were killing her that day, and honestly, so were mine.... along with a major sinus headache, so we just scrapped Fridays meet and decided to meet a few hours early at Balboa Park (where we were doing the shoot) to meet and sit and chat a little bit before the model got there.  So saturday comes and the weather is CRAPPY!!  Rain, Rain, Rain............ but we decided to still do the shoot because there were parts of Balboa Park that we could shoot in that had cover for us..... so its raining the whole way from my house all the way to Balboa Park......... once I reach Balboa.... the clouds opened up, the sun came out, and it was perfect........ like it stopped raining just for me! yaya!! haha! ........ well that didnt last long........ haha, I met up with Alycia, we hugged, talked, walked, and sat down for some tea and some more chit chat......... I LOVE Alycia!  She is the cutest girl ever and so easy to talk too!!  Not to mention, she makes AMAZING earrings and hair pieces! :)   Alycia has had both of her hips done by Dr. Santore who is my surgeon, so it was nice to be able to sit down and talk to somebody who has had the same surgeon I am going to have.  We talked for awhile, while we waited for our model to show up......... and once she did, the show was on! ......... we had such a great fun time shooting....... it was cold, it was windy, and it was raining every  now and then...... but we managed to get some really good shots if I do say so myself! :)   here are a few shots from the shoot.......... and you can check Alycia's ETSY page out and purchase all of the earrings and hair accessories on there......... she also does custom requests, so HIT HER UP!!!!  I was stuck in bed most of the day on Sunday because apparently I did a little to much walking and bending for my stupid little hips to handle!! SO enjoy these pictures!!! haha! :)

 


And then Alycia and I also had dinner on Sunday night at a cute little Mexican place in North Park. I had a great time, Thank you Alycia for getting me out of the house!!! <3


So while we were hanging out and talking hips this weekend.......... Alycia  encouraged me to go see Dr. Santore for a consultation even without my insurance, and deal with all the other crap later......... the most important thing was to just SEE Dr. Santore, and get this ball rolling!!!  SoOOO I decided that on Monday, I was going to call and make an appointment with Dr. Santore, regardless of if my authorization that the lady from the UM department had put in had gone through or not......... Well 8am rolls around on Monday morning and I make the phone call to Dr. Santore's office........ only to be told that they open at 9 ....... ha, must be nice!!  ;)   So I hang up and decide to just call the UM Department while im waiting for 9 to check on my authorization since the 3-5 days was supposed to be up on Monday anyway..... and guess what..................... IT WAS APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I was SO flippin excited!!!   9am could NOT get here any faster!!  9:01 and i'm on the phone to Dr. Santore's office........ only to be told that it's just fine and dandy that I have approval, but they can't give me an appointment until they have that approval in writing......... FINE!!!  So I hang up, and call the UM department back to see if they can fax me the approval letter so that I can call and make my appointment that I have been WAITING for, for 3 EFFING months!!!...... and what do they say ?  ..." Umm I'm sorry dear... we can't do that.... we can't send out a fax because it hasn't been 5-7 days yet since we sent out the approval letter" ....... Are you KIDDING me???  REAlly???  you're REALLY gonna be THAT dramatic about it??  PLEASE!!  get over yourself, and fax me the damn approval letter!!!!  ARGGHHH!!!   so fine... I call Dr. Santore's office back and tell her to just put me down as a cash patient so she can give me the appointment, and then when they get my approval letter they can just change me to insurance instead of cash...... Well that worked like a charm........ and I have my appointment March 16th @ 1:30pm!! WHOOO HOOOOO!!!!    SOOO happy....... but then I calm down......... and it all starts to sink in a little........ then WHOOOO HOOOOO turns to......... OH CRAP!!!  This is REALLY happening!  Let me tell you, it is such a weird feeling to be so happy about something and to be so utterly freakin scared out of my mind about it at the same time.  I go on emotional rollercoasters ALL the time......... BUT to have these two opposite feelings about something at the same exact time is indescribable.   The thought of having the chance at being pain free and having my life back is AMAZING...... but at the same time, the thought of what i'm going to have to endure to get there...... terrifies me!  BUT I know that I'm going to be ok!!  I have my friends and my family who love me......... and I have my extended Hip Chicks family who will be there for me through the whole thing. :)

Thanks for reading ya'll! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Oh that awesome news to read! I am so happy tht you have an appt. I know what you mean when you get that appt. that you have so lond desired and then once it sinks in it is like ohhhh! It is such a mixed feeling. I am like you and just ready to feel better and get on with life. I am tired of my hips hurting and the hurting seems to be coming more and more. But Krystal you deserve good new expecially after all you have been through. At least the ball is rolling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krystal -

    CONGRATS on your approval!! After so much waiting, you are finally getting it!! Now the major part is done. Yay! Good luck at your appointment!!
    Arpine

    ReplyDelete