Thursday, March 18, 2010

Embarking on another journey

So now that I have had a few days to sulk and feel sorry for myself, I'm done.  I am still really discouraged, and sad, and frustrated, but that isn't going to get me anywhere. Before I get into the rest of this post I just have to say THANK YOU for all of the people who responded to my last post. You guys are amazing, and I am incrediably lucky to have all of you in my life. Having this condition, and the issues that I have is not life threatening, I get it........ but it is extremely painful, frustrating, depressing, and very hard to deal with alone, and in a way, a part of you does die........ the longer you deal with chronic pain, the harder it is to keep that smile on your face, and the positivity in your heart. But i'm not done fighting it, and I have an awesome support team and I hope you guys know how much you mean to me!!!  xoxoxoxoxoxo

So I forgot to mention in my last post, that Dr. Santore wants me to lose at least 30 pounds. I am at least 30 pounds over weight, I know this...... and I know that it is NOT helping my hips. But the reason why he wants me to lose the weight is because he said that when we end up doing surgery, the more fat he has to cut through the harder it is for him to see inside and get placement right and such........ which I totally understand.  Losing the weight is not going to fix my issues..... they are structural issues, and I was still in pain when i was 30 pounds lighter, but I know that it will help to ease a little bit of the pressure and if it helps with the outcome of whatever surgical path Dr. Santore decides to go down then I need to do it.  He told me to do Weight Watchers, or stick to a strict 1200 calorie diet.   He said " if you want a glass of wine.... have a glass of wine, but count the calories........ if you want a hamburger, have a hamburger, but count the calories... and DON'T CHEAT!"  haha, he knows me better than he thinks!!   ughhhh!!  I am SOOOO bad at cheating!!   But I can do this!!!    My mom asked him if I can lose that much weight just by doing that without excercise and he said " oh of course.... how many pictures have you seen of fat people in a concentration camp??  None!  They don't get any exercise, they are stuck in a cage.....  if you don't have the calories coming in, you can't keep the weight on" ............ haha, so that's an idea of Dr. Santore's humor ;)
Well, i really wouldn't say humor, because he was being serious, haha! :)  But yes....... he's right..... I have not seen any pictures of "fat" people in concentration camps.    So thats what I am focusing on right now to TRY and take the focus off of the waiting of approval for the next set of testing that I need to figure out what path to go down.  Anybody who knows me, knows that i LOVE to eat..... and i don't just love to eat...... apparently I only love to eat the stuff that is SO bad for me!  I've done a good job of getting away from all of the soda I used to drink..... but I just love fast food and junk food, and I am SO not good at eating my Veggies :(     A fellow hipster has told me about this calorie counting website....... it's called http://www.fatsecret.com/ ..........  you can track your weight, your food, your calories, your fat, your carbs .... even your weight watchers points if thats the "diet" you're doing........ and you can have buddies on there, and you have a journal if you want to write ...... it's just a way of keeping track of your eating habits, and having other friends who are doing the same to keep each other on track and to cheer each other on....... i've already gotten one of my friends to join and be my buddy....... so if you're a fellow hippie trying to lose weight and get ready for surgery, or are trying to lose the weight you've gained after your surgery, or even if you're not a fellow hippie, and you're just trying to lose weight....... join me on that site!!  You can search for me under the email krystalclausen@cox.net......... i don't think i used my real name.... but you'll be able to recognize my picture that I used since its the same one on this blog.......  I would love to help motivate you on your weight loss journey, and I would love to have some more support.

So there we have it........ Im embarking on a weight loss journey to help aid in and to take my mind off of my hip journey...... join me! :)

3 comments:

  1. Hey girlie! Sorry to hear about ur doc appointment and I wish it went better. You will get through this! I had FAI cam type in my left, moderate dysplasia in my right and numerous labral and ligament tears in both. I was told with dysplasia that FAI is not that uncommon. It is also a common prob in runners... all of the above is what I feel like I have had. It is overwhelming right now to think about everything, but take it one day at a time, one prob at a time. It is a long recovery, but you have made it this far and now that they know what is wrong you are one step closer to recovery! Keep ur head up and keep dieting...u can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You hit it right on the spot about chronic pain. It is painful, frustrating, and depressing! And it is so good to know that we aren't alone in going through this. We may be miles apart but we are in this together, through the good times and the bad times. You are strong and a fighter. I know you can do this weight loss! You have the will power. And you have us. You are already doing something. And that is so good to hear. You took time to sulk but got right back on your feet and going at this even stronger now. You go girl. We will be here for you every step of the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Krystal! You should check out the flat belly diet. I went on it in January for the new year and have lost 12 pounds since then. I could have lost more, but I like food. It's a great diet because it lasts 4 weeks, and after the four weeks your whole lifestyle has changed. It's four 400 calorie meals a day with tasty foods. It takes a lot of planning, but it really works, and I'm almost never hungry. Good luck with your weight loss! I've been there and it is tough. I still have 8 pounds I want to lose.

    ReplyDelete