Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Stirring up a ruckus!!

So I am currently waiting for the approval to have the MRI Arthrogram and the CT that Dr. Santore wanted me to get. I had to have the doctor who referred me to Santore, Dr. Ezzet, order them because he is on my insurance plan, so it really shouldn't be a problem for them to approve those tests because i've already seen him and it could be a part of his work up as well........  easy right?  Apparently NOT!  gosh, I swear,  being your own advocate in the healthcare world should be its own freakin full time job!!  I am SO sick of being referred to and transfered to everywhere but where somebody can help me!  I called the place where I want to get the tests done just to see their booking time and how far out they book, and its only about a week out...... which isn't to bad really...... but it just seems like FOREVER when you are in pain, and when this is part of whats holding back the doctor from finding a path to fix me!!  I can't make my appointments until I get the approval...... so the longer it takes for them to approve it, of course the longer its gonna take to get the MRA appointment......... I wish i could just sit back and let them do their jobs...... BUT THEY DON'T!!  I've learned from the first time I tried to sit back and let them do their jobs that it doesnt work.... it put me back a whole month on even getting to see Dr. Santore...... so now I feel like I have to be on their butts making sure everything is going where its supposed to be going and everybody is talking to who they should be talking to....... but its kinda hard to do that when i'm not even sure whats really supposed to be going on...... all i know is that my medical group and my insurance company doesnt seem to have very good communication between them so things get dropped into a black hole until i call and make a fuss...... and then I feel bad for making a fuss and for being annoying, but GEEZ!!!  do your job and I won't have to do it for you!!!!!!

Also... would this stabbing sharp pain hitting my lower back and hip joints please goooo awayyyy!!!  I don't have the time or the patience for you!!


Ok..... my rant's over....... i'll try and sit here patiently........ but i can't promise how long that will last..... hopefully i've created enough of a ruckus between my medical group and my insurance company to get an answer by tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Between your all your doctor troubles and insurance troubles you would think that you could just sit back and let them do their jobs. But when they don't and you have to take charge to get things done then you get mad and it cause any pain that you are having even worse. I know. But I now have to wait for surgery until next year. I stopped taking the tramadol for pain. I don't think it is safe. And I can't ask the ob of her opinion because she doesn't see patients until they are 10 weeks. She took the place of my old ob who retired. I have always been seen at 6 weeks and then they like to see me every three weeks because I get so sick. So 10 weeks is just driving me crazy. i will get through this but I wanted to feel better. I can't sleep at night because I just toss and turn. My left has been having this deep ache feeling. And I can't get comfotable. I am already feeling nauseated. And my mom tells me I shouldn't be feeling that way but I do. If I over eat I feel sick if I don't eat I feel my mouth watering as if I am going to get sick. I am really tired and just want to lay down,not nap so much just want to rest. I feel short of breath whenever I do get up and move. I am not coping well. I know it will get better but right now I am dwelling in confusion and shock. I don't want to wait. Life is crazy and can change in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl, way to go! I imagine that this experience really is going to make you so much stronger in all aspects! I can empathize with you on trying to schedule the MRA/CT scans because I had a horrible time with the scheduling the tests just at the hospital itself! (But that's a post on my blog, so not here!!!) ;)
    I'm so proud of you, little fiesty advocate! XOXO

    ReplyDelete