Saturday, February 13, 2010

Insurance Update

Hey guys......  Ok, well I am still in the dark with the insurance company. The 30 days that the insurance had to give me an answer on my appeal was up yesterday, the 12th.  I called them on Thursday and was told " It says here in the notes that they are closing the appeal today because there was no denial from the Medical group in the first place"   Wait........ WHAT???   What do you mean there was no denial!?  I was told by my doctors office that my authorization was denied because Dr. Santore is not a participating provider in my insurance plan.... so that was why I sent in the appeal with the letter of medical necessity from my doctor.
I'm flipping out by now....... are you kidding me??  I've been waiting for a freakin MONTH for you to tell me that there was no denial in the first place?  I called my doctors office back and talked to the nurse in charge of sending in for the authorizations....... she told me that the insurance company had called her the other day to find out the reason that I needed to see Dr. Santore ( although, they already had the stupid doctors report that states WHY) ....... All this insurance crap is so confusing!! and FRUSTRATING!   I'm not exactly sure what happened, but basically where I am right now is right back at the beginning........ im not authorized, but i'm not denied either...... they re-opened my authorization for Dr. Santore........ my nurse said this could be a good thing, because my medical group is the one who re-opened my authorization after speaking with my insurance company....... so I'm hoping that they reopened it because they are going to give me the approval.  I honestly don't understand why its so complicated!! It's not like im asking them to cover anything cosmetic, I NEED this surgery to be able hopefully live a pain free life....... or a semi-pain free life. 

I am SOO glad that I am going to be going to Texas to visit my cousin next week, that will at least keep me busy for a week without having to think about all this other stuff hopefully....... and in the meantime before I leave, I'm going to pull out my camera and mess around with some shots this weekend.  Tomorrow I have a photoshoot with my friend Nicole,  I can't wait to edit those pictures! :) 

To my hip chicks, Ashely and Kristen, I'm thinking about you guys, I'm so glad you made it through without any complications and now you can concentrate on recovery!! yay!!   Marianna....... You're going to do GREAT on Monday..... and Serena and Sarah and Becky..... it's almost recovery time for you guys too!!  You'll all be on the "other" side soon....... and we'll be cheering you on from the sidelines!  I love you guys!!

1 comment:

  1. That is really quite crazy with the whole insurance ordeal. I don't understand that all those times you were contacting them about their progress that they couldn't even explain what you just did now. Then you would have known. That to me is wierd. I am with you on this one. I don't get ins. companies. I do hope that you get everything straightened out.

    ReplyDelete