Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Good News/Bad News

Ok..... Good news....... The burning achey feeling is gone (for now) ..... Yay!!  The bad news....... MY FLIPPIN INSURANCE SUCKS!!!!!!!!   Arrgg!  I'm so frustrated!!   So I FINALLY understand whats going on with my insurance and my authorization/denial.  I was wrong in my last post about them re-opening my request and hopefully getting it approved...... I didn't understand what was going on, but I talked to somebody today at my Medical Group and now I understand.  My Insurance (Blue Cross HMO) is the one who screwed up!!  Last month when they first put in for the authorization, my insurance company sent them back a notice stating that the Surgeon is Out of Network....... and from what I'm told with Blue Cross HMO when its out of network its automatically a denial..... So thats why my doctors office told me that I had been denied..... My insurance should have issued at Denial Number to my request so that I could appeal it...... they NEVER did that......  which I wasn't aware of..... so that is why when I went to appeal my denial, my insurance had no record of it ever being denied...... So when my Medical Group re-opened my request, it wasn't to hopefully get approval (they already know they arn't getting it) ..... it was to have my Insurance company give them a Denial number so that I can appeal it..........  FML!!!!!!!!!   Seriously???  I have to wait for them to deny it (AGAIN) just so that I can appeal it (AGAIN) and wait ANOTHER 30 days????  You have got to be kidding me!!!   I am so EFFIN pissed!!!   When I do get my denial number and I call for my appeal..... I am going to make sure I talk to somebody and make sure THEY know that THEY messed up, and that I shouldn't have to wait the whole 30 days for the appeals process AGAIN.   This is ridiculous!  I'm going to raise hell and they better put my appeal through as an expedited appeal so that I can get my answer in 3 days.   ugghh!!

On another note........ I have one more hour of work, and then I am leaving to go visit some family in Texas until Sunday.  Yay!! At least that will take my mind off of my stupid Insurance issues for awhile.  I am in SO need of a vacation! See ya guys when I get back!

3 comments:

  1. Unbelievable!!! I am in shock that the insurance didn't make you or your doctor's office aware of the need of a file number to appeal! They can be so conniving. On the other hand, I'm glad that the burning pain is gone...although sad to say it's not going to stay away:( BUT, you're going on vacation! That's the good thing and we must focus on that:) To having a good time and vacationing all your worries away!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really ridiculous. Don't give up. Be persistant with them. i don;'t understand why they just can't approve of the doctor. It isn't plastic surgery. It is to medically correct a problem that will make your life better and pain free. But for now you go and have fun in Texas and don't even worry or think about your insurance. And tell your hips to behave. You deserve that to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. UGHGHHHHHHHH is all I have to say! I hope you're having an awesome vacation and you're able to not think about it for a while. Easier said, right?!?

    ReplyDelete